Michael Caine: Happy birthday, 2009

Would you believe it? It's Happy Birthday to Sir Michael Caine today ... and he's 76 years young. I've been watching Michael Caine since I was old enough to be allowed to see Zulu, which he made in the mid-1960s, when he was something like 32 years old -- um, about the time I was born, I suppose. My favorites among his movies are (still!) Zulu, and Ashanti, and Deathtrap. Those three, I can watch any time -- and thank gods for DVDs.

(You know AG by now: love the part in Deathtrap with Michael Caine and Christopher Reeve in a clinch, with a kiss! In fact, the film company apparently called this the "$10 million kiss," because they reckon that when the movie was made, this was how much revenue the bad publicity cost them ... thank gods things have changed! Sorry about the quality of the capture at left: best one I could find.)

Here's his page on IMDB ... check out that filmography. I'm impressed.